Korean Studies Librarian
Miree Ku is the Korean Studies Librarian in the International and Area Studies Department of Duke University Libraries. Her work includes research consultations, library instruction, collection building and web-based guides. She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Council on East Asian Libraries, the Committee on Korean Materials, the Korean Collections Consortium of North America (KCCNA), the Association for Asian Studies as well as Duke's Asian / Pacific Studies Institute.
M.L.I.S., Library and Information Studies, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
M.L.S., Library and Information Science, Long Island University
B.A., Business Administration, Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
- “Reimagining the Academic Research Library.” National Conference of University Libraries (2018): 339-357.
- “The history and current state of Area Studies Collection in North America and Korea.” KLA General Conference (2015): 186-199.
- “Area Studies and Research Libraries in a Global Context: Challenges and Opportunities for International & Area Studies Librarianship.” Korean Library & Information Science Society (2015): 27-61.
- “Korean Collection at Duke University.” Trends in Overseas Korean Studies Libraries. (December, 2015): 3-37 (in Korean), 73-107 (in English). Print.
- “Library Resource Sharing and Cooperation: Current Status in Academic Libraries of North America and a Case Study of TRLN (in Korean).” National Conference of University Libraries (2014): 255-292.
- “Library Resource Sharing & Cooperation: A Case Study of TRLN (in Korean).” Korean Library Association General Conference (2013)
- "Purchase and Subscription through Group Collaboration", Handbook for Korean Studies Librarianship Outside of Korea, Seoul: National Library of Korea (2014): 291-302.
- "Developing Korean Studies Collection: The Case of Duke University", Handbook for Korean Studies Librarianship Outside of Korea, Seoul: National Library of Korea (2014): 319-330.
- “To be, or not to be: spaces in Korean bibliographic records,” The Cataloging & Classification Quarterly v.47 (8) with Wooseob Jeong and Joy Kim.